• font

Safer driver agreement

If you have a P1 or P2 provisional licence you can lose your licence for 6 months if you have more than 4 demerit points.

In some cases, instead of losing your licence, you can apply to enter a Safer Driver Agreement. If approved, this means you can continue to drive, but you will receive a much bigger penalty if you get 4 more demerit points, or if you break any other condition of your licence.

Click here for an information sheet on Safer Driving Agreements, and how to apply for one.