• font

Certificate of competency

A certificate of competency will be given to you when you complete either a Vehicle On Road Test (VORT) or a Competency Based Training and Assessment (CBT&A) course. Once you have the certificate, you can apply to be given your P1 provisional licence.

To get your P1 licence, you have to take your certificate of competency and your completed logbook (showing 75 hours of supervised driving) to a Customer Service Centre. You will have to sign a form and pay a fee.

For more information about your certificate of competency go to page 115 of The Driver's Handbook.