• font

Classes of licence

For most people, their first full licence is a C Class licence.

If you have a C Class licence you can drive any vehicle with a gross vehicle mass (GVM) not greater than 4.5 tonnes. This includes most cars, station wagons and mini vans. You can't drive a bus, a truck, a motor cycle or a motor trike. To drive these you need to qualify for a different class of licence. 

Click here for more information about other licence classes on the My Licence website.