- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
REMINDER: Non-passenger services operating on Flinders train line
Thursday, 10 December 2020
The existing Tonsley rail line, which currently ends at Clovelly Park Railway Station, is temporarily closed for essential works before it reopens as the Flinders rail line in the coming weeks.
Essential testing and driver training is expected to commence from Saturday, 12 December.
Trains will be operating on both the Flinders and Seaford lines. These trains are for testing and training purposes only and are not passenger services. The temporary closure will allow train drivers to familiarise themselves with the new section of track.
The line will remain closed to passenger services until commissioning and driver training can be completed on the new line.
Substitute buses will continue to operate during the closure, following the current train timetables as closely as possible and servicing stations between Clovelly Park and Woodlands Park. To provide customers between the Adelaide and Woodlands Park Railway Stations additional travel options, some Seaford express services will stop all stations during the closure.
The three new Activated Pedestrian Crossings that have been constructed near the new Tonsley Railway Station will be commissioned on the weekend of 12-13 December 2020.
The existing level crossing at Alawoona Avenue will also be reactivated on the weekend of 12-13 December 2020.
The new Tonsley Railway Station will open to commuters when the line re-opens, with Clovelly Park Railway Station closed permanently on Friday, 20 November 2020. The new Tonsley Railway Station will replace the decommissioned Clovelly Park Railway Station.
When the new Flinders rail line is opened it will operate under a timetable which offers:
- extended services until late on weeknights;
- a 20-minute frequency during peak times on weekdays;
- a 30 minute frequency at all other times; and
- new weekend services from early morning to late night.