- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Disclosure of Departmental Information
- Disclosure of Ministerial Information
- Archived Ministerial Information
- Disclosure of Procurement Policy and Procedures
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
Temporary partial Gawler rail line closures
Wednesday, 8 January 2020
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) advises that temporary partial night closures will be in place on the Gawler rail line from Monday, 13 January 2020, to Saturday, 25 January 2020, inclusive.
The partial night closures are required to facilitate works for the Gawler Rail Electrification Project that cannot be safely undertaken with trains operating and to minimise the impact for customers. These works will include the installation of cable conduits and mast footing, site investigations, and signalling works.
Works will be conducted from 9pm to 4am each night from Monday, 13 January 2020, for 13 nights. Works are planned to finish by 4am on Sunday, 26 January 2020.
To facilitate these works, the Gawler rail line will be partially closed between Adelaide Railway Station and Salisbury Interchange with train services suspended each night between Adelaide and Salisbury from approximately 8:45pm until first service the next morning, with the following services cancelled and replaced with substitute buses:
Last full services to run –
- 8:20pm departing Adelaide
- 7:55 departing Gawler Central
Adelaide to Salisbury
Salisbury to Adelaide
Substitute bus services will operate as closely as possible to existing train timetables.
Trains will continue to operate between Salisbury Interchange and Gawler Central Railway Station during these night partial closures.
For full public transport information please visit Adelaide Metro: www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announcements/Service-Updates/Partial-Gawler-line-closure.
The Australian and State Government’s jointly funded $615 million electrification and modernisation of the Gawler rail line will deliver a faster, cleaner and more reliable service, delivering an electrified network through Adelaide from Gawler to Seaford. The project, which is expected to be completed in 2021, will support increased capacity and future growth for development along the rail corridor and in northern Adelaide.
DPTI thanks commuters for their patience while these works are undertaken.