- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
Sturt Road set for resurfacing
Wednesday, 3 April 2019
Road resurfacing works will commence on Sturt Road this Friday as part of the Darlington Upgrade Project.
Laffer Drive will be temporarily closed between Sturt Road and the Flinders Drive Extension as the works are undertaken from 8pm on Friday, 5 April until 6am on Monday, 8 April.
The works will occur on the westbound lanes of Sturt Road, between Birch Crescent and Main South Road.
The following traffic management measures will be taken:
- The northern section of Laffer Drive will be temporarily closed. Vehicles wanting to access the southern end of Laffer Drive and Hugh Cairns Avenue will be required to use the Flinders Drive Extension (new road connection between Sturt Road and Main South Road). This will be accessible via Sturt Road only.
- The westbound lanes of Sturt Road through the work area will be closed, with traffic shifted onto the eastbound lanes.
- All movements will remain available at the junction of Sturt Road and Birch Crescent, with right turns managed under the direction of traffic controllers.
- Bus stop 27A on Laffer Drive will be temporarily relocated to the Flinders Drive Extension.
- Motorists wishing to access the Flinders Medical Centre car park on Laffer Drive will be required to do so from the Flinders Drive Extension. Traffic controllers will permit access through the closed section of road, to the car park.
- Pedestrian access on Sturt Road and Laffer Drive will be maintained.
- Speed restrictions will be in place on Sturt Road during the works.
A profiler, excavator, asphalt trucks, roller, paver and lighting towers will be used throughout the works.
While some noise disturbance can be expected, the work will be managed to minimise disturbance to local residents as much as possible.
The department appreciates your patience while these important works are undertaken.