Project Assessment Report
Project Assessment Report: Supplement
The Department of Infrastructure and Transport (DIT) released the concept design, for the Torrens Road to River Torrens Project on 1 July 2014 as part of the Project Assessment Report (PAR).
The PAR was open for public submissions for a six week period following the release of the report and was subject to feedback from the community.
A large number of Submissions were received and have been considered by the project team. An overview of the issues raised and any subsequent changes to the project have be addressed in the Project Assessment Report: Supplement which can be downloaded below.
NOTE: Please be aware that the below documents are large and may take some time to fully download.
- Project Assessment Report: Supplement (PDF, 51 MB)
- Appendix A - Summary of submission and responses (PDF, 669 KB)
- Appendix B - Membership of Community Liaison Group and meeting minutes (PDF, 2.1 MB)
Project Assessment Report
As part of the ongoing planning process for the North-South Corridor - Torrens Road to River Torrens, the Department of Planning Transport and Infrastructure has released the Project Assessment Report (PAR). The report is a comprehensive document that explains the need for the project, describes the project and summarises the environmental, social, economic and engineering assessments undertaken.
The report also describes modifications to the concept design initially released in May 2013, that have been made as a result of these investigations and community feedback received to date.
What is the Project Assessment Report?
The release of the Project Assessment Report is the next stage of the Torrens Road to River Torrens project's planning phase. The document has been developed as part of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) process for the project.
The Project Assessment Report explains the need for the project, describes the project and summarises the environmental, social, economic and engineering assessments undertaken on the concept design. The report outlines the measures proposed to avoid or minimise the effects of the project.
Through this process members of the public, community organisations, and government agencies can comment on any aspect of the project.
Part A – Project development and description
- 1 - Introduction
- 2 - Community and stakeholder engagement
- 3 - Project need and context
- 4 - Economic assessment
- 5 - Development of the Torrens Road to River Torrens project
- 6 - Project design and description
- 7 - Construction and operation
Part B - Effects of the project
- 8 - Landscape, visual amenity and urban design
- 9 - Noise and vibration
- 10 - Non-Aboriginal heritage
- 11 - Aboriginal heritage and Native Title
- 12 - Socioeconomic effects
- 13 - Planning, zoning and land use
- 14 - Traffic and transportation
- 15 - Flora and fauna
- 16 - Air quality
- 17 - Water quality, drainage and flooding
- 18 - Geology, soils and contamination
- 19 - Greenhouse gas, sustainability and climate change
- 20 - Environmental management, mitigation and monitoring framework
- 21 - Conclusion
Glossary, Abbreviations, References and Appendices
Download the full report