- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Disclosure of Departmental Information
- Disclosure of Ministerial Information
- Archived Ministerial Information
- Disclosure of Procurement Policy and Procedures
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
REMINDER: Essential works along Gorge Road
Wednesday, 19 May 2021
UPDATE: The Department for Infrastructure and Transport advises this temporary full closure of Gorge Road has been cancelled. Any future closures of Gorge Road will be advised.
The Department for Infrastructure and Transport wishes to remind motorists that a temporary full closure of Gorge Road between Torrens Hill Road and Tippett Road will be in place on weekdays from Thursday, 20 May until Thursday, 27 May, inclusive, weather permitting.
Essential rock stabilisation works will be undertaken to improve safety for all road users.
The works will be undertaken at this time of year due to favourable weather conditions and to ensure Gorge Road remains open during the bushfire season.
Works will be undertaken on weekdays between 8am and 3pm. No works will be undertaken on weekends.
A detour will be in place via Torrens Hill Road and Tippett Road while the road is closed for works. Local resident traffic will be permitted.
Emergency vehicle access will be provided at all times. Businesses in the area will remain open. Please support your local businesses.
Motorists are advised to allow for delays when planning their journey, observe signage and speed limits, and to take extra care when travelling through the area.
The $706,000 works are funded through the State Government’s Gorge Road Rockfall Management Program.
The Department thanks road users and local residents for their patience and understanding while these essential works are undertaken.