- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
Temporary traffic restrictions
Friday, 7 February 2020
As part of the Darlington Upgrade and Flinders Link Projects, works will be undertaken on Saturday, 8 and Sunday, 9 February. These works were previously cancelled due to inclement weather.
As part of the Darlington Upgrade project, works will include the installation of a gantry, light poles and barriers.
As part of the Flinders Link Project, a number of concrete pours will be undertaken to complete the base of the bridge deck on top of the two bridge girders which have been installed over the Southern Expressway (lowered motorway).
During the works, the following temporary traffic restrictions will be in place:
From 5am to 8pm, Saturday, 8 February, the Main South Road surface road (northbound) will be closed between Sturt Road and the Tonsley Boulevard exit ramp. Please see Map A for further details.
- The northbound Main South Road surface road will be closed between Sturt Road and the Tonsley Boulevard exit ramp.
- Northbound traffic will be detoured via Sturt Road and Shepherds Hill Road.
- Access to Flinders Drive will not be impacted during these works
- Bus stop 26 on the western side of Main South Road will remain open during these works with services detoured via Main South Road, Sturt Road and Shepherds Hill Road.
- Bus Stop 24A on the western side of Main South Road will be temporarily closed during these works.
- For further information please visit www.adelaidemetro.com.au
From 5am to 8pm, Sunday 9 February, the Southern Expressway (lowered motorway) will have restricted access between Marion Road and Tonsley. Please see Map B for further details.
- The Southern Expressway (lowered motorway) will be closed from Marion Road to Tonsley for all northbound motorists.
- The Southern Expressway (lowered motorway) will be reduced to one lane for southbound motorists between Tonsley and Flinders Drive.
- The Southern Expressway, south of Marion Road, will remain operational with southbound and northbound traffic required to enter/exit at the Marion Road ramp, or via the on-ramp at Flinders Drive.
- Access for local residents and businesses will be maintained at all times during the closure period.
The Mimosa Terrace / Sutton Road bridge signalised intersection (over the lowered motorway) was operating in its final layout from 6am, Friday, 7 February, and during the Main South Road (northbound) surface road closure, from 5am to 8pm, Saturday, 8 February, can be used to access Sturt Road and Shepherds Hill Road.
Access for emergency service vehicles will be maintained at all times and pedestrian access will not be affected during these works.
Please plan ahead, allow extra travel time and take extra care when workers are on site. Observe speed limits, lane restrictions and traffic controllers when travelling through the area.
For more information on the Darlington Upgrade Project visit: https://dpti.sa.gov.au/infrastructure/nsc/darlington_upgrade_project
For more information on the Flinders Link Project visit: https://www.dpti.sa.gov.au/infrastructure/major_projects/flinders_link