- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Disclosure of Departmental Information
- Disclosure of Ministerial Information
- Archived Ministerial Information
- Disclosure of Procurement Policy and Procedures
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
Darlington Upgrade Project – Changed traffic arrangements and temporary restrictions
Friday, 24 January 2020
Motorists are advised that both permanent traffic changes and temporary traffic restrictions will occur as part of the Darlington Upgrade Project from Tuesday morning (28 January).
The bridge over the Southern Expressway to the Main South Road surface road will be reopened in its final alignment for northbound Main South Road traffic from 6am, Tuesday, 28 January.
As a result of the bridge reopening, the following permanent traffic changes will take place:
- Flinders Drive: northbound traffic on Main South Road wanting to travel to Flinders Drive will be switched onto the final alignment via the bridge over the Southern Expressway to the Main South Road surface road.
- Riverside Drive: northbound traffic on Main South Road wanting to travel to Bedford Park will be required to position themselves in the right lane just prior to Brookside Road to travel north via the access road and make a right turn into Riverside Drive.
- U-turn at Brookside Road junction: Bedford Park residents wanting to travel northbound via Main South Road will be able to undertake a u-turn at the Brookside Road junction.
- Franklin Avenue: access will return to left-in and left-out only.
The two-way cycle path located on the bridge over the Southern Expressway to the Main South Road surface road remains under construction and will be opened at a later date.
Motorists are advised to follow signage on site and take extra care while driving in the changed traffic arrangements.
There are no changes to public transport services. Bus stops and pedestrian access will not be affected.
Further temporary changed traffic arrangements
Meanwhile, the South Road intersection with Tonsley Boulevard will have restricted traffic movements from 6am, 28 January until 6am, Monday, 17 February.
Pit works will be undertaken during this period in the southbound lanes of South Road adjacent to Ragless Reserve, St Marys. The following traffic arrangements will be in place:
- South Road southbound between Quinlan Avenue and Brookman Avenue will be reduced to a single lane.
- Brookman Avenue will be closed at the junction with South Road:
- Access to The Southern Bar Gaming Bistro will be via Quinlan Avenue and Paul Street.
- Southbound access to The Crescent from South Road will be via an alternative route such as Quinlan Avenue and Paul Street.
- The right turn from Tonsley Boulevard to travel south on South Road will be closed. Motorists wanting to travel southbound on South Road can detour via:
- turning left onto South Road, then right into Lloyd Street, Alfred Street and Tobruk Avenue, then left to enter South Road southbound; or
- MAB Circuit to Alawoona Avenue, Bradley Grove and Sturt Road.
- South Road northbound traffic through the Tonsley Boulevard intersection will not be affected by these works.
- The right turn into Tonsley Boulevard from South Road southbound will not be affected by these works.
Pedestrian access across South Road at Tonsley Boulevard will be maintained at all times during these works. Public transport services will not be affected by these works.
Access for emergency service vehicles will be maintained at all times during these works.
Please plan ahead, allow extra travel time, take extra care when workers are on site and observe speed and lane restrictions when travelling through the area.
For more information on the Darlington Upgrade Project, visit https://dpti.sa.gov.au/infrastructure/nsc/darlington_upgrade_project
We thank you for your patience while these important works are undertaken.