- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Disclosure of Departmental Information
- Disclosure of Ministerial Information
- Archived Ministerial Information
- Disclosure of Procurement Policy and Procedures
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
Ride free for New Year’s Eve celebrations
Friday, 13 December 2019
Adelaide Metro is providing free buses, trains and trams from 5pm, Tuesday, 31 December 2019, until the first scheduled service on Wednesday, 1 January 2020 to help you safely bring in the New Year.
Additional free New Year's Eve services will operate across the bus, train and tram network, with regular fare Adelaide Metro services resuming from approximately 6am on 1 January, depending on the route.
Free travel will also be available from 3:30pm on 31 December for ticket holders attending the Adelaide Strikers’ Men’s Big Bash League match at Adelaide Oval, with extra trains and trams running before and after the game.
While trams will operate to a very high frequency all day and night on New Year's Eve, trams will not service the Festival Plaza tram stop and will also terminate at stop 15 Brighton Road from 6pm until approximately 4am due to New Year's Eve celebrations in Moseley Square, Glenelg.
There will also be a number of bus stop closures and detoured bus services in the city and Glenelg to accommodate New Year’s Eve festivities.
Road users are reminded to Think! Road Safety by letting us do the driving for you to help you stay safe this New Year’s Eve.
Customers are encouraged to plan travel ahead of time. For assistance, please call the Adelaide Metro InfoLine on 1300 311 108 which will be open all night on New Year's Eve, or between 7am and 8pm daily, or visit www.adelaidemetro.com.au.