- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Disclosure of Departmental Information
- Disclosure of Ministerial Information
- Archived Ministerial Information
- Disclosure of Procurement Policy and Procedures
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
Regency Road/Churchill Road intersection upgrade
Wednesday, 1 May 2019
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) is upgrading the intersection of Regency Road and Churchill Road, in Prospect, to improve road safety, traffic efficiency and access for cyclists and pedestrians.
The $1.5 million, State Government funded project will deliver infrastructure upgrades and the provision of right-turn controls on Regency Road, to assist in the reduction of right-turn crashes at the intersection.
Works will start next week, weather permitting, and will occur mostly at night between 7pm and 7am to minimise impacts on road users and pedestrians, with completion expected by the end of June, weather permitting.
Lane and speed restrictions will be in place during the works, along with roadside signage to alert motorists to the traffic changes.
As part of the intersection upgrade, an additional right turn lane will be installed from both approaches of Regency Road into Churchill Road, while all of the intersection’s existing right turn lanes will be extended.
There will be minor road widening of Regency Road, along with upgrades to the pedestrian refuges and lighting at the intersection.
Additionally, the footpath adjacent Regency Road, alongside the Reepham Hotel, will be reinstated and the nearby Bus Stop 111 will be permanently closed, with the bus shelter to be relocated 120 metres east to Bus Stop 112.
Access to neighbouring properties will be maintained at all times throughout the works and every effort will be made to minimise impacts to the surrounding properties and road users wherever possible.
Works will be managed to minimise disturbance to local businesses and residents, however some noise can be expected.
DPTI appreciates your patience and cooperation whilst these important works are undertaken.