- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Disclosure of Departmental Information
- Disclosure of Ministerial Information
- Archived Ministerial Information
- Disclosure of Procurement Policy and Procedures
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
Junction of Payneham Road and O.G. Road set for $4.2 million upgrade
Tuesday, 23 April 2019
Road safety, traffic efficiency and access for cyclists will be improved at the junction of Payneham Road and O.G. Road, Felixstow, as part of a $4.2 million South Australian Government-funded upgrade.
The project will include infrastructure upgrades including extra and improved turning lanes to assist in reducing right-turn crashes at the junction.
Early works to relocate underground utilities will commence later this month and continue into June. Most works will occur between 7pm and 7am to minimise impacts to road users and pedestrians.
Construction for the junction upgrade is scheduled to begin in July, and is expected to be completed by the end of November, weather permitting.
The upgrade will include;
- An additional right turn lane from Payneham Road to O.G. Road,
- Widening the left turn lane from Payneham Road to O.G. Road, and
- Extending and widening the left turn lane from O.G. Road to Payneham Road.
New traffic signals will be installed, as well as new road lighting, bicycle lanes, medians and pedestrian islands.
Lane and speed restrictions will be in place while works are underway and road users are advised to take extra care when workers are on site.
For more information on the junction upgrade, members of the public are invited to drop in to a Community Information Session to learn more about the project and speak to members of the project team.
Sessions will be held at Marden Court Shopping Centre on 1 Lower Portrush Road, Marden, on Thursday, 9 May, from 5pm to 8pm, and Saturday, 11 May, from 11am to 2pm.