- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Disclosure of Departmental Information
- Disclosure of Ministerial Information
- Archived Ministerial Information
- Disclosure of Procurement Policy and Procedures
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
Safety to be improved for Port Wakefield Road, Cavan
Monday, 18 March 2019
Resurfacing works to improve safety on a 2.5km stretch of Port Wakefield Road, Cavan, will start tonight.
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) is undertaking asphalt resurfacing works on approximately 2.5km of Port Wakefield Road, Cavan, between Salisbury Highway and Montague Road, southbound side only.
Night works will commence at 7pm and continue for approximately two months, Monday to Friday, weather permitting.
Lane closures and speed restrictions will be in place each night from 7pm to 6am the following morning.
The following detours will be in place:
- Right turn movements from Port Wakefield Road onto Salisbury Highway will not be permitted between 7pm and 6am on 19 and 20 March. Right-turning vehicles will be detoured via Bolivar Road. Right turns will be permitted outside these hours.
- Left turn movements from Salisbury Highway in to Port Wakefield Road will not be permitted between 7pm and 6am on 22 March. Left-turning traffic will be detoured via South Road. Left turns will be permitted outside these hours.
The safety of workers and the general public is paramount so please observe speed limits when travelling through work zones
The works are being carried out at an estimated cost of $3.075 million as part of the Australian Government’s Periodic Road Maintenance Program.
DPTI thanks motorists for their patience while these important safety works are carried out.