- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
Stay safe this New Year's Eve by letting us do the driving for you
Friday, 21 December 2018
Free Adelaide Metro buses, trains and trams will be in operation for partygoers from 5pm, Monday, 31 December until 8am, Tuesday, 1 January to help you stay safe this New Year’s Eve.
Additional free New Year's Eve services (brought to you by the Government of South Australia and Adelaide Metro, and supported by the Motor Accident Commission) will operate across the bus, train and tram network, with regular fare Adelaide Metro services resuming from 6am on 1 January, depending on the route.
Free travel will also be available from midday on 31 December for ticket holders attending the Adelaide Strikers’ Women’s and Men’s Big Bash League matches at Adelaide Oval, with extra trains and trams running before and after the game.
Please note that, while trams will operate to a very high frequency all day and night on New Year's Eve, trams will not service the Festival Plaza tram stop and will terminate at stop 15 Brighton Road from 6pm until approximately 4am due to New Year's Eve celebrations in Moseley Square, Glenelg.
There will also be a number of bus stop closures and detoured bus services in the city and Glenelg to accommodate New Year’s Eve festivities.
Customers are encouraged to plan travel ahead of time. For assistance, please call the Adelaide Metro InfoLine on 1300 311 108 which will be open all night on New Year's Eve, or between 7am and 8pm daily, or visit www.adelaidemetro.com.au.