- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Pre Employment Declaration Form
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
Heysen Tunnels routine maintenance works
Monday, 18 June 2018
Motorists are advised there will be closures of the Heysen Tunnels to allow crews to carry out essential safety maintenance of tunnel ventilation systems.
Every effort is made to reduce the impact on motorists by conducting these work during off peak times.
The below lane restrictions and detours will be in place:
Saturday, 23 June
- Adelaide bound tunnel single lane closure from 5.00pm and progressing to a full tunnel closure from 7.00pm. A detour via Eagle on the Hill will be in place from 7.00pm Saturday, 23 June until 9.00am Sunday, 24 June.
Friday, 29 June
- Adelaide bound tunnel partial lane restrictions (closure of two lanes) from 8:00 pm Friday, 29 June until 9.00am Saturday, 30 June.
- Crafers bound tunnel closure from 9.00pm Friday, 29 June until 9.00am Saturday, 30 June. Crafers bound traffic will be reduced to a single lane and diverted to contra flow in the Adelaide bound tunnel.
Emergency vehicles will have access to the tunnels at all times. Speed restrictions will be in place at this location while the maintenance work is undertaken.
The safety of workers and the general public is paramount so please take care when travelling through work zones.
For real time roadwork information download the AddInsight app for Apple (https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/addinsight/id1099048200) or Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.gov.sa.addinsight), or visit the Traffic SA website at www.traffic.sa.gov.au.
The Department of Planning, Transport, and Infrastructure (DPTI) thanks motorists for their patience.