- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Disclosure of Departmental Information
- Disclosure of Ministerial Information
- Archived Ministerial Information
- Disclosure of Procurement Policy and Procedures
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
Major construction works complete for Main South Road, Aldinga
Thursday, 26 April 2018
Major construction works for the upgrade of Main South Road, between Old Coach Road and Malpas Road, are now complete.
The safety driven project was conducted to reduce the number and severity of serious and minor injury crashes at this location.
This section of Main South Road, between Old Coach Road and Malpas Road, has annual average daily traffic of approximately 17,900 vehicles per day and the upgrade will support future increases in road use and improve traffic flow.
The project has delivered the following safety improvements:
- A new roundabout at the junction of Port Road and Main South Road with a dedicated left slip lane for northbound vehicles from Port Road.
- U-turn facility north of Malpas Road.
- A three metre wide centre traffic median between Port Road and Malpas Road with central wire rope safety barrier.
- Extension of the Main South Road left turning lane into Malpas Road.
- Road widening and resurfacing, improved road lighting, road signage and line marking.
- A shared user path crossing at Main South Road to facilitate cycling and walking between Aldinga and Willunga.
- Pedestrian and cyclist access improvements at the roundabout.
- A reduction of the speed limit from 100 km/h to 90 km/h between Seaford Heights and Little Road; from 80 km/h to 70 km/h between Little Road and Hart Road; and from 100 km/h to 90 km/h between Hart Road and Sellicks Hill (which is further south of this project).
Finishing works, including final lighting and landscaping, are currently taking place and are expected to be completed mid-year.
During the final works, all roads will remain open to traffic with a 25 km/h speed restriction in place while workers are on site.
Lane and other speed restrictions may apply subject to on site conditions and road users are requested to observe signage and follow the advice of traffic management staff.
For more information visit the project website at https://www.dpti.sa.gov.au/infrastructure/road_projects/main_south_road_upgrade_-_old_coach_road_to_malpas_road.