Skip to main content

Maintenance enquiries

Reporting maintenance

To report maintenance at your property, please refer to the information below.

Emergency maintenance is when your immediate health, safety or security is at risk or damage to the property is likely, such as raw sewage, live exposed wiring, flooding. Please take all necessary actions to ensure your safety and mitigate damage/loss, e.g. turn water off.

The online maintenance request form is the preferred method of reporting maintenance. However, if necessary, you can also report general maintenance by telephone on 1800 182 032 and select option 1 for the Government Employee Housing Help Desk.

Out-of-hours emergency (5pm–8am, weekends and public holidays)

Maintenance should be reported to 1300 163 175. The Help Desk is available 24/7, however, calls outside of business hours (Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm) should be made to this number only when reporting emergency maintenance.

Important notes

All calls to the Helpdesk outside of business hours (Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm) are treated as an emergency and incur a high call-out fee, which will be on-charged to the tenant if the maintenance is not an emergency.

Maintenance reporting is the same for government owned and leased, unless this is an out-of-hours emergency.

Your house ID can be found in your Section 48 / Residential Tenancy Agreement.

General Maintenance 24/7

Submit online form

Emergency Maintenance



  1. Submit online form
  2. Then phone 1800 182 032, and select option 1.

This is to ensure your emergency has been flagged.

Out-of-Hours Emergency Maintenance (Government Owned)


Public holidays

Phone 1300 163 175

Out-of-Hours Emergency Maintenance (Private Rental)


Public holidays

  1. Phone owner or leasing agent of the property (owner/agent details located in the Section 48 of your lease agreement); and
  2. For our records only: Submit a maintenance request form online to confirm this has been reported to the owner/agent.