- North-South Corridor
- Road Management Plans
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- 'Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study' and 'Hahndorf Township Improvements and Access Upgrade Project'
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Cross Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Glen Osmond Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Subscribe for Updates
- Old Belair and James Road Junction
- Russell Street / Main Road / Sheoak Road Junctions
- Shepherds Hill Road, Brighton Parade and Waite Street Intersection
- News and Publications
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact us
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- South Eastern Freeway Pavement Rehabilitation: Tollgate to Crafers
- South Australian Rural Highway Corridor Upgrades
- North East Road and South Para Road Junction Upgrade
- Gorge Road and Silkes Road Junction Upgrade
- Nairne Intersection Upgrade
- Fleurieu Connections
- Angle Vale Riverbanks College Junction Upgrades
- Aldinga Payinthi College Intersection Upgrade
- Transport Network Planning Studies Program
- Marion Road and Sir Donald Bradman Drive Intersection Upgrade
- Sturt Highway Corridor Upgrade
- Salisbury Highway Asphalt Resurfacing Works
- Regional North-South Freight Route Upgrade
- Truro Bypass Project
- Port Road between Grand Junction Road and Earle Avenue, Cheltenham
- Horrocks Highway Upgrades
- APY Lands Main Access Road Upgrade
- Long Valley Road Improvement Works
- Majors Road Upgrade
- Nottage Terrace and North East Road Intersection Upgrade
- Brighton Road Intersection Upgrades
- Karoonda Highway Upgrades
- Princes Highway Upgrades
- Heysen Tunnels Refit and Safety Upgrade
- South Eastern Freeway Pavement Rehabilitation: Bridgewater to Callington
- Fitzroy Terrace Bicycle and Pedestrian Actuated (push button) Crossing Project.
- Wellington Road and Heysen Boulevard Roundabout
- Heaslip Road and Curtis Road Intersection Upgrade
- Amy Gillett Bikeway Extension Project
Nairne Intersection Upgrade
The Department for Infrastructure and Transport (the Department) is delivering improved safety and traffic efficiency through the construction of a four-way, single lane roundabout realigning the Woodside Road and Saleyard Road T-junctions with the Old Princes Highway, Nairne. The State Government has committed $13 million to this project which is being delivered as part of the Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative. This project is part of the Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative and is being delivered as an election commitment by the State Government.
The upgrade will seek to reduce delays for Woodside Road traffic, maintain a good level of intersection performance and cater for future growth. The upgrade will also aim to improve safety for pedestrian and cyclist movements in the area, particularly for Nairne Primary School students.
The intersection of Woodside Road and Old Princes Highway is located on the western outskirts of Nairne within a 50km/h speed zone. Since the completion of the Bald Hills Interchange project in 2016, traffic volumes at the Woodside Road and Old Princes Highway intersection have increased by approximately 10-15%.
Preliminary planning identified a four-way, single lane roundabout incorporating Saleyard Road as the preferred solution to address these project objectives.
- Construction of a four-way single lane roundabout, including realignment of the two T-junctions of Old Princes Highway with Saleyard Road and Old Princes Highway with Woodside Road
- 2.5 metre wide, New Shared Use Path for the extent of works.
- Provision of pedestrian fencing to encourage crossing at desirable locations only.
- Relocation of the pedestrian actuated crossing (push button) on the Old Princes Highway eastern approach approximately 70 metres east of the roundabout.
Other proposed treatments include:
- Upgraded LED road lighting for the extent of the works.
- Installation of new safety barrier (where required).
- Improved drainage, including new kerb and gutter.
- New asphalt surfacing and line marking
Major works for the project commenced in late July 2021 and were completed in February 2022.
For more information
If you would like to have your say, enquire or register your interest in either project, or to receive updates, please:
- email email@example.com
- telephone 1300 794 880
- or write to GPO Box 1533, Adelaide SA 5001