- North-South Corridor
- Road Management Plans
- Strzelecki Track Upgrade and Sealing Project
- Goodwood, Springbank and Daws Road Intersection Upgrade
- 'Hahndorf Township Strategic Traffic Planning Study' and 'Hahndorf Township Improvements and Access Upgrade Project'
- Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication
- Joy Baluch AM Bridge Duplication
- Flagstaff Road Upgrade
- Golden Grove Road Upgrade
- Cross Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- Portrush and Magill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Glen Osmond Road and Fullarton Road Intersection Upgrade
- State-Wide Road Improvement and Renewal Works
- Modernising Road Maintenance
- Main North Road and Nottage Terrace Intersection Upgrade
- Grand Junction, Hampstead and Briens Road Intersection Upgrade
- Mitcham Hills Road Corridor Upgrade
- Subscribe for Updates
- Old Belair and James Road Junction
- Russell Street / Main Road / Sheoak Road Junctions
- Shepherds Hill Road, Brighton Parade and Waite Street Intersection
- News and Publications
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact us
- Adelaide Hills Intersections Upgrade Initiative
- South Australian Rural Roads Safety Package
- South Eastern Freeway Pavement Rehabilitation: Tollgate to Crafers
- South Australian Rural Highway Corridor Upgrades
- North East Road and South Para Road Junction Upgrade
- Gorge Road and Silkes Road Junction Upgrade
- Nairne Intersection Upgrade
- Fleurieu Connections
- Angle Vale Riverbanks College Junction Upgrades
- Aldinga Payinthi College Intersection Upgrade
- Transport Network Planning Studies Program
- Marion Road and Sir Donald Bradman Drive Intersection Upgrade
- Sturt Highway Corridor Upgrade
- Salisbury Highway Asphalt Resurfacing Works
- Regional North-South Freight Route Upgrade
- Truro Bypass Project
- Port Road between Grand Junction Road and Earle Avenue, Cheltenham
- Horrocks Highway Upgrades
- APY Lands Main Access Road Upgrade
- Long Valley Road Improvement Works
- Majors Road Upgrade
- Nottage Terrace and North East Road Intersection Upgrade
- Brighton Road Intersection Upgrades
- Karoonda Highway Upgrades
- Princes Highway Upgrades
- Heysen Tunnels Refit and Safety Upgrade
- South Eastern Freeway Pavement Rehabilitation: Bridgewater to Callington
- Fitzroy Terrace Bicycle and Pedestrian Actuated (push button) Crossing Project.
- Wellington Road and Heysen Boulevard Roundabout
- Heaslip Road and Curtis Road Intersection Upgrade
- Amy Gillett Bikeway Extension Project
Majors Road Upgrade
The South Australian Government has committed $15 million for upgrades along Majors Road, O’Halloran Hill, between the Southern Expressway and Main South Road and between Lonsdale Road, Ocean Boulevard and the Southern Expressway.
Majors Road, located approximately 15 kilometres southwest of the Adelaide CBD is an important arterial road, providing a key connection between Lonsdale Road and Main South Road. It carries an average of 13,200 vehicles per day. The Majors Road Upgrade aims to improve the overall operation and safety of Majors Road and ensure the road caters to current and future traffic demands.
The project for works between Southern Expressway and Main South Road includes:
- pavement rehabilitation and undulating correction;
- new access to the Glenthorne National Park;
- improve connectivity at the Patrick Jonker Veloway (bikeway); and
- minor road widening for safer merging westbound near Main South Road.
The project will result in safer journeys and provide efficient access to the key adjacent facilities. The project is expected to support 35 full time equivalent jobs during construction.
*concept design for illustration purposes only
Construction commenced in mid January 2022 with completion expected in mid 2022, weather permitting.
In addition, planning is underway for the upgrade works on Majors Road, between Lonsdale Road, Ocean Boulevard and the Southern Expressway. More information will be provided about this upgrade in the coming months.
DIT COVID-19 Response
The Department will continue to tailor community engagement opportunities in line with the latest COVID-19 advice from health authorities.
Face-to-face engagement opportunities may be restricted and we will continue to be guided by the advice of health authorities, with the health and safety of our stakeholders always our highest priority.
Engagement with community and industry is crucial and we will facilitate information sessions as much as possible to enable face to face engagement. It is important to assist in managing these events that you register as requested to enable physical distancing as much as possible.
If you have any questions or would like to register to receive project updates, please
- email email@example.com
- telephone 1300 794 880 or
- write to Majors Road, GPO Box 1533, Adelaide SA 5001.