- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Disclosure of Departmental Information
- Disclosure of Ministerial Information
- Archived Ministerial Information
- Disclosure of Procurement Policy and Procedures
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
Temporary closures for Adelaide Metro rail network
Tuesday, 8 February 2022
A number of temporary rail line closures will be required during February so that system and train testing can be undertaken as part of the Gawler Rail Electrification Project.
Seaford line (12-13 February)
The Seaford rail line will be partially closed between Brighton and Seaford stations this weekend, from first service on Saturday 12 February to the last service on Sunday 13 February.
This partial closure is required to enable testing of new electric rail cars between Hallett Cove and Seaford. These test trains will not be carrying passengers. Train services will operate between Adelaide and Brighton as usual, while substitute buses will operate between Brighton and Seaford stations.
Full rail network (19-20 February)
A full network closure will occur from 1am on Saturday 19 February to last service on Sunday 20 February, to test signalling, allow system checks, integration and conduct driver training.
Adelaide Metro will operate substitute bus services to all stations during this time. The substitute bus stops will be located close to railway stations.
The electrification and modernisation of the Gawler rail line, which is jointly funded by the Australian and South Australian governments, will deliver a faster, cleaner and more reliable service, delivering an electrified network through Adelaide from Gawler to Seaford.
For more information on rail line closures, please visit Adelaide Metro: www.adelaidemetro.com.au.
The Department thanks commuters for their patience while these works are undertaken.