- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
Temporary full closure of the Belair rail line
Tuesday, 25 August 2020
The Department for Infrastructure and Transport advises that there will be a temporary full closure of the Belair rail line from first service Saturday, 29 August to last service Sunday, 30 August.
The closure is required for the Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) to undertake a full track reconstruction of the Main Road, Blackwood level crossing located approximately 200 metres south-west of the Blackwood railway station. These works cannot be safely undertaken with trains operating and have been scheduled to minimise the impact for customers.
To facilitate these works, all services will be cancelled and replaced with substitute buses from first service Saturday, 29 August to last service Sunday, 30 August.
During the closure, substitute buses will operate between Adelaide to Belair as closely as possible to the existing train timetable.
For the AFL match on Saturday, 29 August between Port Adelaide and Sydney, additional substitute buses will operate before and after the match to increase capacity for AFL patrons.
Regular full line services will resume from first service Monday, 31 August.
The following level crossings will be closed to motorists at these times:
- Main Road, Blackwood from 9am, Saturday, 29 August to 5am, Sunday, 30 August
- Grange Road, Lower Mitcham from 12am to 5pm, Sunday, 30 August
- Main Road, Glenalta from 10:30am to 11pm, Sunday, 30 August.
Motorists are advised to please plan ahead, allow extra travel time and observe signage.
For full public transport information, please visit Adelaide Metro.
The department thanks commuters for their patience while these works are undertaken.