- About us
- Career Opportunities
- Working in the Department
- Other Entry Pathways
- Overseas Candidates
- Infrastructure Careers
- Executive Employment Opportunities
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Entry Level Pathways
- Secondary School Work Experience
- Graduate Employment
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment
- Internship Program
- Undergraduate Vacation Employment Program
- DPTI Capability Framework
- Career Opportunities
- Annual report
- Open Government
- Disclosure of Departmental Information
- Disclosure of Ministerial Information
- Archived Ministerial Information
- Disclosure of Procurement Policy and Procedures
- Social Media
- Government Employee Housing
- Office Accommodation Services
- Property Division
- Building Projects
- Who We Are and What We Do
- PSC Accreditation Framework
- Traffic Volumes
- Keeping Metro Traffic Moving
- Regional aviation funding
- Forecast Transport Data
- COVID-19 Industry Information
- Getting your head around roundabouts
- Remote Areas Consultative Group (RACG)
- A simpler way to navigate
- Keeping the point-to-point community COVID SAfe
- COVID-19 Response
Safety improvements for Montague Road at Port Wakefield Road intersection with Churchill Road North, Cavan
Friday, 16 March 2018
The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) will be improving safety and traffic flow on Montague Road at the Port Wakefield Road intersection with Churchill Road North at Cavan.
These safety improvements will include:
- Installation of a second right turn lane on Montague Road for traffic turning into Port Wakefield Road.
- Trimming of the road median to allow easier access for heavy vehicles.
- Installation of a bicycle lane on the northern side of Churchill Road North and Montague Road.
The improvements will reduce the risk of rear end crashes at this location, as well as improve heavy vehicle movement, cyclist safety and vehicle accessibility.
Works are scheduled to commence on Monday 19 March 2018 and are expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2018, weather permitting.
To minimise traffic impacts, construction work will be undertaken as a combination of day and night works.
Roads will remain open to traffic with a 25km/h speed restriction in place while workers are on site. Lane and other speed restrictions may apply subject to onsite conditions.
DPTI appreciates your cooperation and patience while these important safety works are undertaken.