Modernising Road Maintenance
Contracts for maintenance of DIT’s 23,000 kilometre road network have been awarded to the following new service providers:
- Zone 1 Metropolitan Adelaide DM Roads
- Zone 2 Regional South Fulton Hogan
- Zone 3 Regional North DM Roads
- Zone 4 Outback Lendlease Boral Joint Venture
The new contracts have been awarded following an extensive procurement process and build on collaborations with industry that have been in place for more than 20 years. The initial term of the contracts is 7 years with provision to extend for up to a further 6 years (+3 + 3 years).
The scope of works include:
- Routine, specific and cyclical road maintenance
- Emergency response
- Mechanical, electrical and intelligent transport systems (to be delivered state-wide by the Zone 1 provider)
- Minor capital improvements and annual renewal works programs.
The new providers will be required to comply with South Australian Industry Participation Policy, including providing opportunities for local service providers and suppliers.
- State-wide Map of Delivery Zones
- Map Zone 1 Metropolitan Adelaide with council boundaries
- Map Zone 2 Regional South with council boundaries
- Map Zone 3 Regional North with council boundaries
- Map Zone 4 Outback with council boundaries
The new contracts will commence on 2 November 2020.
Information on roadworks, incidents and events will continue to be available via DIT’s Road Safety & Traffic/Road Hazards portal.
Road hazards and faults should continue to be reported to the Traffic Management Centre on 1800 018 313.